Moreover, factors like increasing disposable income of parents and rapid urbanization has led to a rise in brand consciousness and penetration of international preschools in the country. This has resulted in the development of innovative and advanced infrastructures as well as quality education programs for preschools across the country.
Things to consider when opening a preschool in Gurgaon –
Gurgaon has become a leading financial and banking centre in India after Mumbai and Chennai it has the third highest per-capita income in India and is the site of Indian offices for half of Fortune 500 companies. The city also benefits from its proximity to Delhi. As this is a planned city – there are a lot of planned townships, premium residences, gated complexes, and clusters of premium gated housing that have high-profile residents from different parts of India and the world. Most of these people are highly educated and have great aspiration for their children as well. Since most of the fortune 500 companies are headquartered here there are a lot of foreigners who stay here. These people aspire to send their children to international schools and preschools and prefer high end/ premium when it comes to apparel, housing and when it comes to education.
While starting a preschool might seem like an easy task, there are several factors to keep in mind if you are keen on opening your preschool in Gurgaon.
Here is what you need to do to start a preschool in Gurgaon. To start with, open a preschool only if you are passionate about children and would want to create a difference in their lives through education.
Here are the points you need to consider to start a preschool in Gurgaon:
1. Selecting the right preschool: There are 2 alternatives, you either open your own preschool by your own brand name and build it yourself (overall teaching/ curriculum/ marketing and promotions/ set up etc) OR choose a franchise brand with a tried and tested preschool model. Among franchise brands too, you have a choice among mass brands or premium preschool brands.
2. Do a preschool-market visit in Gurgaon: Do your own city-analysis and identify and analyze the offerings of the top 3-5 preschools in the city. Visit their centres, talk to the admissions teams (you can do a mock enquiry) and understand about the curriculum, pedagogy, unique highlights of the preschool. This will give you an insider view of the preschool brand and help you come closer towards firming up your choice of preschool to start.
3. Approach the preschool franchise team: Once you have decided you want to have the franchise proposal, speak to the preschool franchise team and fix a meeting with their manager or do an e-meeting to take you through the offering, investment details etc.
4. Important questions during your evaluation: It is crucial for you to prepare a ready checklist of questions – what are the minimum investments, when do you break even, what kind of support will the preschool franchise brand offer, can they share success stories/ case studies of other franchise partners in your city or in the region as a reference.
5. Ideal location in Gurgaon to start your preschool: This is one of the most important factors once you have decided which preschool franchise brand you would like to go with – Things you need to keep in mind:
• Location should be centrally connected
• Should be in a good/ posh locality around several societies, parks, townships
• Should be close to corporate parks or IT parks
• Some of the ideal locations to open your preschool in Gurgaon are Sector – 5, Sector – 9, Sector 10, Sector – 14, Sector – 40, Sector – 56
• Shortlist 3-4 locations you like. In case you already have space do a feasibility study for a preschool in that location
6. Weigh the pros and cons: Once you have met the preschool franchise teams of different brands you can finalize the brand that you prefer to go ahead with in terms of – the most innovative in curriculum or teaching – if you feel this will attract a lot of parents OR the brand that is most well-known in the city – if you feel this will easily bring in parents as it is a known and trusted brand OR a brand that’s offering you highest ROI – if profit and ROI is your main focus.
You are dealing with young minds and you need to be very careful with the preschool franchise brand you choose as it is a decision that will stay with you forever.
We hope that this article has given you all the details you need if you wish to start your own preschool in Gurgaon!
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO INVEST IN EDUCATION FRANCHISE BUSINESS?
If you are looking to invest in a business and educating children is your passion then now is the right time to invest in Education only because there is a high demand for quality education and the number of good schools is limited.
Years back schools were run only by the government or we had convent schools where fees were minimal. There were very few single property private schools. Today there are various private schools that have taken the franchise route; they offer varied options to parent’s right from different boards to fee points to facilities to a holistic curriculum. Parents now prefer to send their children to private schools as these schools use the latest technology and have worked at upgrading the syllabus and teaching methodologies.
Education franchises provide important services that nurture a child’s development. From pre-school business opportunities to a test preparation business, education franchises truly are a rewarding career move for anyone who has ever wanted to be their own boss.
Benefits of Franchising:
• The brand is already known in the market and has its one Brand Equity
• The school as a ready model and it only needs to be replicated
• The curriculum is ready and easily deployable.
Complete support is given by the franchiser
Checklist to start a Playschool
Years back children were sent to a preschool only if both parents were working and there was no one to take care of them. Most of the time children would stay with their grandparents or other elders in their house.
Today however the demand for playschools has gone up because of two reasons. one of the major reasons is because parents now stay in nuclear families with both parents working and the second reason is because parents now understand the importance of sending the child to a playschool as Brain research proves that 0-6 years is the span when children make most number of synaptic connections.
If spending time with children and educating them is your passion investing in a playschool is a good idea. Here are a few points you need to consider while staring your own playschool:
• Passion to make a Difference in Every Child’s Life: this is the most important point. You really need to have the passion to make a difference in every child’s life. Only then will your playschool stand out from the ones around you.
• Standalone VS Organised Brand: you can opt to start a standalone play school or choose to partner with a organised brand that offers a franchise option. Since you are new to the business, it is advisable to partner with an organised brand as you will get all the assistance you need.
• Mass Brand VS Premium Brand: If partnering with a organised brand is the option you selected, then comes the selection of which brand you should partner with. Partnering with a premium brand is advisable as it has a unique selling proposition and it also benefits the child.
• Location of the Playschool: parents prefer to pick a preschool that is in the vicinity. They will mostly look at playschools around 3-4 kms from their residence.
• Strong Word of Mouth: the selection of a playschool is influenced by reviews of friends and family. It is important to build a positive word of mouth to run a successful playschool
• Personal Touch: parents feel confident and secured if they see a constant face, also when you are personally involved you can make sure all set standards are being met.
• Infrastructure: a good playschool needs to have an outdoor as well as an indoor play area to facilitate the right kind of learning with the best facilities. An experiential classroom makes learning faster and long lasting.
• Science Embedded Curriculum: It is said that children make the maximum number of synaptic connections from the age of 0-6 years. Hence a good playschool is a steppingstone to the future learning grounds. A curriculum that is designed around the learner is crucial too.
• Incorporate Technology in the Curriculum: Today’s children a born with technology. They know exactly where to go to hear their favourite nursery rhyme. Hence, using technology to teach them concept they learn is school is the next big thing.
• Safety: while making sure children get a safe physical environment with respect to the design of the playschool, mental safety is important too. Teachers need to go through continuous training to learn how to handle children.
• After school activities and a day-care facility: Adding interesting after school activity and day care will encourage footfalls from outside and make parents aware about a playschool in the vicinity and it will also help increase the revenue.
While running a playschool brings in a lot of responsibility as you are dealing with young minds and their future depends on the experiences the school will provide. Running a playschool is a lot of hands on work and there cannot be a perfect guide on what should be done. We learn when we dirty our hands on the ground. The points shared above are some of the essential point,