The last decade has seen an unprecedented growth in the preschool sector in India. This has primarily been driven by factors such as increasing awareness for early child education and care, coupled with rising number of nuclear families and working women in the country.
Moreover, factors like increasing disposable income of parents and rapid urbanization has led to a rise in brand consciousness and penetration of international preschools in the country. This has resulted in the development of innovative and advanced infrastructures as well as quality education programs for preschools across the country.
Things to consider when opening a preschool in Gurgaon –
Gurgaon has become a leading financial and banking centre in India after Mumbai and Chennai it has the third-highest per-capita income in India, and is the site of Indian offices for half of Fortune 500 companies. The city also benefits from its close proximity to Delhi. As this is a planned city – there are a lot of planned townships, premium residences, gated complexes and clusters of premium gated housing that have high-profile residents from different parts of India and the world. Most of these people are highly educated and have great aspiration for their children as well. Since a majority of the fortune 500 companies are headquartered here there are a lot of foreigners who stay here. These people aspire to send their children to international schools and preschools and prefer high end/ premium when it comes to apparel, housing and definitely when it comes to education.
While starting a preschool might seem like an easy task, there are several factors to keep in mind if you are keen on opening your preschool in Gurgaon.
Here is what you need to do to start a preschool in Gurgaon. To start with, open a preschool only if you are passionate about children and would want to create a difference in their lives through education.
Here are the points you need to consider to start a preschool in Gurgaon:
1. Selecting the right preschool: There are 2 alternatives, you either open your own preschool by your own brand name and build it yourself (overall teaching/ curriculum/ marketing and promotions/ set up etc) OR choose a franchise brand with a tried and tested preschool model. Among franchise brands too, you have a choice among mass brands or premium preschool brands.
2. Do a preschool-market visit in Gurgaon: Do your own city-analysis and identify and analyze the offerings of the top 3-5 preschools in the city. Visit their centres, talk to the admissions teams (you can do a mock enquiry) and understand about the curriculum, pedagogy, unique highlights of the preschool. This will give you an insider view of the preschool brand and help you come closer towards firming up your choice of preschool to start.
3. Approach the preschool franchise team: Once you have decided you want to have the franchise proposal, speak to the preschool franchise team and fix a meeting with their manager or do an e-meeting to take you through the offering, investment details etc.
4. Important questions during your evaluation: It is crucial for you to prepare a ready checklist of questions – what are the minimum investments, when do you break even, what kind of support will the preschool franchise brand offer, can they share success stories/ case studies of other franchise partners in your city or in the region as a reference.
5. Ideal location in GUrgaon to start your preschool: This is one of the most important factors once you have decided which preschool franchise brand you would like to go with – Things you need to keep in mind:
– Location should be centrally connected
– Should be in a good/ posh locality around several societies, parks, townships
– Should be close to corporate parks or IT parks
– Some of the ideal locations to open your preschool in Gurgaon are Sector – 5, Sector – 9, Sector 10, Sector – 14, Sector – 40, Sector – 56
– Shortlist 3-4 locations you like. In case you already have space do a feasibility study for a preschool in that location
6. Weigh the pros and cons: Once you have met the preschool franchise teams of different brands you can finalize the brand that you prefer to go ahead with in terms of – the most innovative in curriculum or teaching – if you feel this will attract a lot of parents OR the brand that is most well-known in the city – if you feel this will easily bring in parents as it is a known and trusted brand OR a brand that’s offering you highest ROI – if profit and ROI is your main focus.
You are dealing with young minds and you need to be very careful with the preschool franchise brand you choose as it is a decision that will stay with you forever.
We hope that this article has given you all the details you need if you wish to start your own preschool in Gurgaon!