2009KKEL opened a school in Maldives.
2005KKEL went international with a preschool in Dubai.
2004The first Billabong International High School was set up in Goregaon, Mumbai.
2004KKEL's first primary school was established in Juhu.
2000Kangaroo Kids opened in Delhi.
1997The first Mother-Toddler Learning Centre in the industry was established.
1995The first Kangaroo Kids franchise was set up at Juhu, Mumbai in partnership with a Kangaroo Kids parent.
1993The first Kangaroo Kids started at Tulsi Mahal, Mumbai.
- The ONLY brand to create a curriculum for three education boards - ICSE, IGSCE, and CBSE.
- The firstbrand to adopt a franchise business model – scaling up systems and processes into a global footprint and freeing income to invest in research-based learning techniques.
- The first to follow a theme-based learning programme and design an integrated and interdisciplinary curriculum.
- The first to adopt an activity-based learning model, not as a stand-alone concept, but integrated into the larger learning process for the purpose of demonstrating a practical application of knowledge, thus leading to its more effective assimilation.
- The first to have a dedicated in-house R&D team that provides a team that provides a meticulously researched and streamlined curriculum.
- The first in the country to introduce and implement inclusive education across its schools, along with an open-entry system.
- The first to set and maintain an industry benchmark in providing an optimum teacher-student ratio in its schools.
- The first to introduce a feedback-driven parent-partnership model based on high parental involvement.
- The first and only institute to develop a 360-degree delivery model of curriculum, infrastructure, teaching methodology, operational processes, policies and quality benchmarking from the learner's point of view.
- The first to adopt comprehensive and continuous evaluations for ongoing assessments – both formative and summative – which is a holistic and sequential method and aligned closely with the students' curriculum/programmes.
- The first brand to introduce SPA (Sports and Performing Arts) for holistic development.
- The first brand to introduce Special Days at schools – colour days, grandparent days, culminating activity days, guests at schools, field trips – as ways to reinforce the understanding of the students via non-rote methodologies.
- The first preschool in the country to introduce an ECCE programme, KITDR (Kangaroo Kids Institute for Teacher Development and Research), thus imbibing the principles of andragogy, which is a learning strategy focused on adults.